Friday, March 26, 2010

HWAITINGGGGG!!!

So I was on Facebook today and stumled upon this hate page which is about Filipino fans liking Korean Pop and not being able to understand it. When I checked the page, the content pissed me off automatically, me being a Korean Pop fan. They lambasted, insulted, bashed, mocked, and fucked around with the music itself and our idols (girl groups and boy groups). Me and my friends were really pissed off. How could someone so narrow minded and ignorant create such a fanpage!?
Alright, so you can't please everybody. That's extremely undestood and should stand as one of the general and golden rules of life. But if you're gonna go as far as insulting something that you aren't fond of, especially insulting meaning you're not gonna be saying it in a nice way that is, you're harboring a lot of enemies, namely from the subject's fanbase. Another thing they're missing is respect. Goddammit I've been searching for that thing and I still haven't found it. Respect. I have some friends who aren't into Korean music but they don't insult it. They don't bash it. And most importantly, they don't insult me for listening to it. So who gave you the right to do so?!
The page clearly emphasized our not being able to comprehend or understand the lyrics of the song. So is that an acceptable reason as to why we should not listen to their music? Why? There are some English songs wherein you don't know what the song means either, right? So does that mean you still aren't allowed to listen to it. In fact, I did some comparisons and I found out that there are some Korean songs that when translated into English made more sense than English songs which are just a bunch of words piled up to form something they would like to call a 'song'. Besides, with the youth's music enthusiasm today, I don't think the message would matter that much anymore. Now I'm not racist (the fanpage is though), but what they're promoting is nothing but crap. Imagine kinda like stopping you from listening to something you like, just because you aren't able to understand it. How pathetic and how lame.
Not meaning to promote hate but they've been saying really loathful words which are really killjoy in my and our opinion. Like I've said, we can understand if you don't like Kpop. We're not forcing you to like it. We're not forcing you to be fans like us. However, please give respect cause we respect and never bashed your likes or your favorites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's their loss isn't it? It sounds like that group doesn't have any brains at all. >.>

in the mind of a wannabe writer said...

IKR?!:))