Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm Dying For Your Kiss, I Never Wanna Miss <3

I know it's pretty old news but I'm addicted to "Kiss" by Sandara Park ft. CL. This is the official song of their CF for Cass Beer in South Korea. [I haven't seen the video cause YouTube takes forever to buff...so yeah. I just like the song.] I really like the song cause it reminds me of someone. A certain "Mister Genie" from school. The reason behind his name is because of the songs "Mister" by Kara and "Genie" by SNSD. You see, it reminds me of Mister Genie because when I read the English translation of the song, the description of the guy matches his personality. Shy, a bit quiet, not too aggressive, etc. I especially like the part in Kiss wherein Sandara sings, (translated) "Don't smile, it's so dull" and "Are you a guy by any chance?" Upon reading those, I cracked up but I couldn't help but think it over. Yeah, it is somehow pertaining to Mister Genie since he's a really boring person and he's shy so it's like asking if he really is the guy he claims to be.
Just a little background, Mister Genie is a schoolmate of mine. Not only is he that, he's a friend, an older brother, a confidant, and something else. We connected instantly since we both share the same passion for something [I don't have a lack of words. I'm just substituting it so that if ever he or any of my class/schoolmates read this, they wouldn't know it's him. Only my close friends know.] and because of the fact that the psychological drama he has gone through over the years is the same psychological drama that I am going through now. However, we are different in more ways than we are alike in some. He's a...well, I wouldn't say he's weak but I'd rather say that his personality is much more mellow than mine. To say the least, he's less daring and would rather keep his mouth shut. I'm pretty noisy though I'm not friendly. I just like to make noise with my few close friends. Also, like I said, he's more shy. I may not be popular but I sure know how to put myself in front. He's not like that. I don't see any confidence in him. Sure, he can approach others and talk to them but doing the things I did is somewhat impossible for him.
But nonetheless, I love Mister Genie. Not just as a crush or an admirer [whew! admirer? what the fuck?] but as a friend, a brother, a schoolmate. Why do I love him? I love him because he's a really kind guy despite some shortcomings. Although he may not be as aggressive, arrogant, and cocky as most guys his age, I'd rather like a shy guy than a fly guy. I don't like guys who brag about themselves too much, though I am a person who occasionally brags about herself. Not only that, he respects me though he teases me at times. I told him to stop, he stopped. He's the kind of guy who jokes around for fun and not for the sole purpose of insulting that person. That's the kind of guy I like.
This isn't a campaign or self-promotion. I'm not looking for anyone. Just because I posted my ideal guy's personality doesn't mean I am looking for one.

No comments: