Sunday, February 21, 2010

In Retrospect

3rd Year. Often called the hardest level of high school, attributed to added subjects, new people, new challenges, more activites, etc. But to me, being a 3rd Year student meant reinventing yourself in a positive manner. So allow this somewhat lengthy blog post to give you more than a glimpse of my 3rd year life.


During the first day of classes, I wasn't nervous as at all. Why would I?! I've been studying in the same school for more than 5 years. I have assured myself that everything would be the same just as before. Nothing ever changes in our school though. But there is one thing that I told myself I would change, that is me. I promised myself that I would be a more confident person, a bolder young lady, a sturdier person. And upon entering that classroom, I told myself that this is a promise that I'm damn sure to keep. So I began making new friends, exhibiting my talents whenever there are given opportunities, and went as far as running for Student Executive Board,eventually winning the position of Assistant Secretary. All of these made me happy. For the first trimester, I would say that the promise I made is a promise well kept.


Until the second trimester...the second trimester was chock-filled with disaster both academically and personally. During the first few days of the second tri, I was still somewhat confident and bold. I could say what I want and do what I want. However, when news got to me that there were people from both my section and from the other section. When my friend told me about this, it scarred me deeply and made me want to withdraw from all forms of human contact for a while. I couldn't believe it then...I have done nothing wrong to them and they have treated me this way. I started to...not cry but rather give some space. I didn't communicate with anyone for quite some time and focused on myself first. I was giving too much, taking too little, and not thinking at all. And as if the batch's scrutiny wasn't enough, an old mistake of mine resurfaced and was found out by my other classmates, therefore ruining my reputation. For me, the issue is too sensitive and should therefore not be discussed here. September-October were my worst months...until the near-end of October during the UN Week celebration. Everything was cool with me and that group of friends whom I had a misunderstanding with, and our Brazil Samba Dance was up for the UN Week. And it was during this time..the very night of the celebration, that the Halloween Party was to be held. And it was also during the same Halloween Party that I danced Genie by Girls'Generation with my friend Makee. Over the course of three trimesters, so much has happened. My life became a roller coaster when it was just a carousel before.
To make this entry shorter, I did alot of things. Alot of things have been done. There were some things I did that I wish I could do again while there are also some things that I regret doing and couldn't even bring myself to think of. My life is a concrete example of what humans are. We do good things and get praised, we do bad things and get lambasted for it. No, we cannot go back and do things over again but we can change ourselves now. We can learn from these experiences and mature. Mature and prove to everyone that we have enough knowledge of what is wrong and right and thus guiding us into the rightful path. With solid, overflowing faith in God and in ourselves, we can do most anything...
Not to be religious but this may be the most awe-inspiring and beautiful quote from the Bible:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
-Philippians 4:13.

No comments: