Friday, February 5, 2010

Ice Queen..

Why is it whenever you're feeling your greatest, something always goes wrong? Why does it always have to be that way? Recently, just last Thursday, I was feeling the best feeling in the world. I had fun with my outside of the classroom friends first thing in the morning, me and my classroom best friends talked on ends and teased each other, and this...
Since P.E. time was given to our Filipino teacher, he took us to his 4th year class' classroom to watch a film that we would be writing a review about as a requirement for Filipino class. But since the film wouldn't work after several tries, he decided to just let us watch the 2nd year students' dance performance. After a certain group performed, their finale was a boy lip-synching to Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" with exaggereated motions and all. It was funny at first and I have to admit, I was having a grand time laughing along until I turned my eyes to my right and heard my classmate tell her seatmate: "Lalake version yan ni.." she then swiftly turned her eyes to my direction, thinking I didn't see her. But she's wrong. I saw her eye movement and I was extremely devastated. Recess was coming up so me and my friends left. I didn't mention it to them, though. Their concern annoys me...
That classmate of mine annoys me very much. More like very, very much. I'm not gonna mention her name, rather just call her "Mean". Mean would always praise me whenever I do something then talk about me behind my back. I remember when we had a misunderstanding which involves posting names and pictures in a blog [Goddamn, that's why I use codenames!] and she told me that if I didn't like something about her, I should tell it straight to her face. Well how am I supposed to do that when she isn't even frank towards me!? She can't say those harsh words to my face! Then she'll get angry when she sees her face plastered all over my blog with harsh words to match with whereas she's giving me every reason there is to get angry at her! Turn the right cheek! Practice what you preach, sweetie.
Okay, here I go again blogging about how others are so mean to me. But why? Why are others mean to me? I haven't done them any wrong. I just do what I'm supposed to do. I know you can't please everyone but why do they have to be so harsh? And why do they have to talk about me behind my back whereas they could say it to my face? I don't bite and I most certainly won't kill them. I'd even appreciate their sincerity but doing this is very, very painful and they don't know what it does to my self-esteem. Not only for me but for others as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I had written a nice comment but had trouble logging in here and it was erased :'(

I just wanted to say that the first step to getting over these types of problems is to first understand why someone may not like you.

Learn to CONFRONT this girl or IGNORE it. People like her love nothing more than to know that what they've said has inflicted pain. These kinds of people don't just exist in schools; they are everywhere. You will either learn to shrug off these sorts of comments or suffer for the rest of your life in relationships and any social circles.

People say ignorant and hurtful things. People also hate good things and good people. People like this tend to envy good things and good people. If she does then... well, I can easily imagine her making you miserable and enjoying that result.

Ask her what her problem is, learn to accept it [because you cannot please everyone every day], and be happy! I don't know how it is in PH but some people here find it flattering that others find them important enough to whisper about. :P

She is a jealous little girl, nothing more.

Hope you feel better in the future, take care.

in the mind of a wannabe writer said...

Thanks for that comment, dear :) Somehow it's sorta flattering and sorta insulting. It's flattering in the sense that I have been made popular because of their whispers and insulting because what they're whispering about me isn't good. ANyways, thanks for the advice :) I'm sure I'll be taking it. :D