Friday, February 19, 2010

Na Honjaso Sarangeul Malhago...

So prom finally happened and just as expected, I was bored and I was even sick at that time so I had nothing to do but to just sit around, drink and hang out with my friends. But that was just the gist of it...there is a story behind everything and this is my story.
5:30 pm. I left our house at around that time to head to ___________ Hotel where our prom would be taking place. I was wearing a simple red dress and red heels but since I had short hair and I hate hair styling, I just placed a cute hairband on my head. That's hairdo for you! Once my mom dropped me off, I saw very, very few people inside some of them I know and some of them I don't. Either way, there were already schoolmates of mine. I said hi to some and took pictures with some while waiting for Ren and Rita, my two friends. I just glared and glared outside the window from the lobby, hoping for their arrival. After several minutes of waiting, they finally arrive and we registered all together, taking pictures afterwards.
When the registration was finally over, it's time for the main event. All the partners (mine was still missing) lined up and readied themselves to enter the ballroom itself. My partner was still not around, thus making me feel exalted. I didn't like my partner anyways and I would LOVE to be a bachelorette...not to be arrogant but I want a solo picture. Laugh all you want but it's the truth. Anyways, so a little past six, he finally arrives along with several other latecomers and the party finally starts. I frustratingly grabbed his arm as we walk down the red carpet and pretend to smile for the camera. All pairs did this, though. As we reached our table (and I'm damn lucky that I'm in the same table as Ren), the guys pulled their partners' seats but I told mine *haughtily* not to. He had no choice but to follow. I pulled my own chair and sat down tired, bored, aggressively, and crossed. He had no idea what was going on inside my mind.
I'm not blogging about the prom itself. I'm blogging about how I felt during the prom. Fast forward some 2 hours later....Social Dancing. The suckiest part for me. During the social dance, the guys will ask some girls to dance-slow dance-with them. How romantic, right? Damn! I had the least luck because:
  1. I only danced with one guy...and he's my dear friend so it's automatic that he's gonna choose me. Plus, he told me about it earlier so we kinda planned it out already. Not that I'm hungry for guys to dance with me but there is ONE guy that I really want to dance with. It just so happens that he's too shy and I'm too...whatever.
  2. The couples were too sweet!!! Have you ever seen an evil creature enter a church? Or how about a malevolent thing doused in Holy Water? That's what it felt. I was like burning...melting...dying...It's like this. Rita (my Korean friend) and I were together because Ren left early. Nobody wanted to dance with us so fine. We'll just stick together. While the two of us roamed around the place and took many ulzzang wannabe shots, we often got separated. At one point, we were taking so many pictures on the dance floor but because the music was so loud and there were so many people, we got separated. I called out for her but I got no answer. I kept yelling, "Ya! Seul ah-ya!!!" but I still couldn't find her. There I was, looking like a wet duck in the middle of the dance floor all alone while everyone is dancing with either their forced dates or their boyfriends/girlfriends. Hell, even my own date walked out on me. I was being too much of an Ice Queen. Make that a wet, muddy, shitty duck!!!! I ran away and found Rita right outside the ballroom. I breathed a sigh of relief. Shit, man.
  3. Do you know what the worst part is? I saw my crush. Dancing with his crush. In a very sweet manner. I saw her lean her head on his shoulder and they were really sweet. They aren't even together! Plus, he danced in the same manner with his forced date. Sucks
  4. I went home early. I was sick and down with fever. What can I say? My immune system is nuts!

So that did it for my night. Not only was I sick, my crush snobbed me, and I went home thinking of TOP of Big Bang, Tom Hanks, and Matthew Broderick while listening to Korean music...

Not only that...actually, I didn't sleep. From 11:00 pm-5:00 am, I didn't sleep AT ALL. Beat that, suckers.

[I'm just really bitter. On Tuesday, someone will receive a really sour snobbing! Watch out!]

No comments: