Sunday, February 14, 2010

Unconventional Woman

So our JS Prom is this Friday, Feb. 19, 2010. Ever since our prom has been announced around October last year, almost all the girls have been squealing and fussing about in delight and when I said squealing and fussing about in delight, I think you know who I'm talking about, right? Anyways, so they're all excited but guess what...I'M NOT!!! Yeah, you read it right. The girl typing her ass off on this blog is not excited about the prom. The reason I'm not excited is because I don't see any point in attending or even holding one!!! What's so cool about dressing up like a total priss-ess (princess is something else. priss-ess is a different story), getting cozy with some guy called 'boyfriend' and end up doing PDA in front of the entire junior-senior department!??!?!? I just don't get it!
Why all the hate? Are you encouraging something? Now don't be stupid! I'm not encouraging all the girls out there to back out of their prom because of the things I said above. Those words are nothing but opinions. They're from my own point of view and should someone go against it, I don't care. For all I know, I'm not telling anyone to not attend. If you want to attend, it's your prerogative. Not mine. I just think that the JS Prom is fucking pathetic. The mere tradition of it is a joke to me. Who wants to walk around a hotel looking like a total whatever!? I don't get the notion of spending so much money with our low economy on dresses, shoes, and accessories that you're just going to use for one mothershitting night!!!! Another thing I don't get is the fact that JS Prom is ABSOLUTELY NON-ACADEMICAL!!!! I mean come on...if the school wants more school days and wants to instill more knowledge in us, don't give us crap days as these!!!! I'm not a nerd. I hate studying as much as I hate going to the prom but what I'm trying to say is, instead of squeezing so much homework in one day, why not quit holding non-academical, non-beneficial days like these so we can spread the homework and exam days evenly!
So JS Prom, right? The girls will be looking fine and all. With curls hanging down their faces, long flowing gowns, etc. I tried asking the prom committee of our school if girls could wear suits. And judging by the look on their faces, it looks like they found me stupid...really stupid. No choice. I have to wear a gown. But I wanted to keep it simple. Just a long, straight red gown that I didn't even care to try on. I just looked at the size and once I saw that it is "M", I didn't care anymore. I just placed it on a hanger and threw it into the whimsical wardrobe of mine. I'm not even going to do my hair. What you're seeing when you see me walking down the corridors of our school(for those class/schoolmates of mine who will be reading this) will be the same thing you'll be seeing on the prom. With scruffy, ruffled, uncombed hair still wet from a very long shower. Best of all, I won't even bother applying makeup. The very haggard and sleepy face that you see whenever I look out the window, walk around the campus, go to the bathroom, cry in the guidance, get mad in the guidance and all...THAT'S THE EXACT SAME FACE YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING SEE!!!! In short, take my head and place it on a headless mannequin wearing my dress and that's what I look like! The shortest explanation to it: I WON'T BOTHER FIXING MYSELF!!! TREAT IT AS IF I'M JUST GOING TO THE DRUGSTORE TO BUY ME SOME LOSENGES!!!!
It's simply because I don't see the reason for all this!!! Why all the fuss? What's so special about the prom?! Hell, I can list down [but I won't do it right now] a hundred more exciting things that I'd be more enthusiastic to look forward to and do rather than sitting my ass out on a night of boredom and sleepiness! I've ranted so much but I'm just speaking my mind. To be honest, I'd rather hibernate like a squirrel in my room with fancy aircondition all to myself, wake up and read Stephen King, dog-ear fold the side of the page, sit up and use my computer, finish the sequel to Dystopia, do dance covers, and so much more!!! All these are much more fun to do than sit around and wait for some "Mister Genie" to approach me and say hi before I snob him back!
Bottomline is, I hate the prom. I want my thousand pesos back! *slams desk. face shows signs of ultra piss-ness*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've paid 1,000 pesos for a prom you don't even want to attend!? Tsk! Get your money back!

Prom girls look like crap and in any case I'm sure you will look great. Personally I think when those girls get their makeup/hair/clothes done they kind of look sticky and might melt were it to rain. The natural look is the way to go!

in the mind of a wannabe writer said...

No can do:(. Once you're paid, you've sealed the deal. Oh and yeah. Natural is the way to go! THAT'S MY MOTTO FOR THIS YEAR'S PROM!!! ;D